WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE
Please try to wash your hands or sanitize often. We will make sure soap is available in our bathrooms and hand sanitizer is placed strategically throughout the facility. It is important to wash hands for 20 seconds and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
Always try to remain six feet from non-family members. We will help with ground markers in certain high traffic areas.
We are mandating face masks while using the bathrooms and upon entry and exit of the facility. Once inside the park, we are recommending face masks especially when social distancing cannot be accomplished.
We will be sanitizing all sections of the facility prior to the start of each day and consistently throughout the day. This includes using disinfecting fogging machines indoor, spraying dugouts, and even sanitizing our baseballs! We ask that you do your part as well by cleaning your area and throwing out your trash.
Temperature checks of all staff will be taken prior to the start of each day and any staff member with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be removed from their shift. We ask that all players, parents, and fans do their own daily assessments prior to coming to the park.
NAVIGATING UNPRECEDENTED TIMES
Throughout the season as medical and governmental guidance changes, our Taking Back the Turf policies will continue to evolve. All updates will be communicated to participants in a timely fashion.
A DETAILED ATTACK
- When possible, games will be strategically scheduled to allow for easier ability to social distance
- All teams will have designated batting cage times which will be available on their online team schedule. Home team will hit 90 minutes prior to game time and Away team will hit 50 minutes prior to game time.
ON-FIELD (umpires, players, coaches, equipment)
- Home plate umpires will be placed six feet behind the pitcher’s mound.
- Balls will be disinfected prior to each game and as necessary during the game.
- Ground rules will be done with coaches and umpires standing six feet apart.
- No post-game handshakes. Tip of the hat or good sportsmanship gesture encouraged.
- No high fives, handshakes, homerun celebrations, etc…
- No sharing of equipment, uniforms, water bottles, towels, etc…
- No post-game team meetings.
- Trophy ceremony will take place on field. Teams will lineup on their respective lines while director speaks from pitcher’s mound. Coaches will be asked to step forward and take the box of awards and hand out to their team at another time. Panoramic picture will be utilized for championship photo.
DUGOUTS, BATTING CAGES & BULLPENS
- Dugouts will be expanded to keep players six feet apart.
- Fields 1, 3, 4, and 5 will have expansion into the bullpen areas and corner dugouts as needed.
- Fields 2 and 6 will have expansion between the dugout and bullpens and into the bullpens. Actual bullpens for fields 2 & 6 will be designated to other areas outside of the field.
- No batting practice. All cage areas are closed until further notice.
- Outdoor only (no indoor entry)
- Front outdoor gate will be used for fan and coach entry / exit.
- Separate player only entry / exit.
- Outside ticket booth with multiple windows.
- Six-foot ground markers to keep social distancing.
- Masks must be worn by customers and staff at admission.
- Admitted fans will be given bracelets to put on themselves.
- One small personal cooler will be allowed.
- Customers will receive Diamond Nation Covid-safe policies & procedures handout.
- Teams will be limited to two coaches per team.
- Coaches check-in at front gate entrance.
- Must wear mask when checking in.
- Masks must be worn by customers and staff.
- Limited to 25% capacity.
- Six-foot ground markers for checkout line.
- Sneeze guards installed at checkout counter.
- Cashless payments encouraged.
- Two windows available to reduce lines.
- Six-foot ground markers.
- Online/Mobile ordering available with designated pick-up window (use DN App).
- Employees must wear masks.
- Food will be handed off on a tray to eliminate contact.
- Condiments and utensils will be pre-packaged.
- One small personal cooler allowed per patron.
- Major League Photos will be taking pictures of games as well as taking individual requests.
- Photo booths inside the building will not be available.
- Online viewing options will be available, so we recommend packing a laptop for the easiest viewing experience.
- Cleaned prior to opening and throughout the day.
- Masks must be worn while inside the bathrooms.
- We ask that you use good judgment regarding the amount of people in the bathroom at one time. Please wait outside if all urinals/toilets are occupied.
FAN SEATING AND CONCOURSE
- Masks encouraged.
- Other than family members, social distancing of six feet apart is mandated.
- All bleachers and stadium seating will be removed to allow for more space to socially distance. Fans are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- Hand sanitizer stations strategically located throughout the concourse.
- Masks encouraged.
- No loitering, picnics, tailgating, etc…
- No team meetings.
- Monitored throughout the day by Diamond Nation staff & local police dept.
- Any injury that requires attention within six feet will be handled with personnel wearing a mask and gloves or by the local EMT.
- All Diamond Nation tournament directors are first aid and CPR certified.
- AED machines are on-site at the front desk and tournament information booth.